Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Best All Purpose Spray Cleaner

I've been experimenting with all-purpose cleaners lately.  I'm pleased to tell you that I've come up with a very  inexpensive, very effective, all purpose cleaner!  You will need:


  • a re-purposed spray bottle
  • 2 tablespoons of Borax
  • 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
  • a couple drops of essential oil (optional)
  1. Put your 2 tablespoons of Borax into a measuring cup with a spout.  
  2. Add the vinegar.
  3. Fill the measuring cup with hot water.  
  4. Pour into the spray bottle. 
  5. Fill the spray bottle the remainder of the way with hot water.
  6. Add the essential oil (if you want to use it).  
  7. Shake.
  8. Use!
This cleaner works well, and is truly all-purpose.  It's safe on wood, on countertops, and great for the bathroom.  It works well on pet messes (and on toddler messes, too)!  

I always feel very proud and thrifty when I make my own cleaner instead of adding it to the grocery list.  I am amazed at how much commercial cleaners cost--especially when they aren't any more effective (and are usually quite toxic) than my homemade counterparts.  

I hope that you enjoy this recipe!  Let me know how it works for you and your family!
  

2 comments:

  1. NICE! So super simple! I'm gonna switch to this after I get through the ultra-jumbo bottle of Simple Green. I'm betting it's going to work twice is well :)

    ReplyDelete