Monday, March 11, 2013

Lemongrass: My New Favorite Scent!

Mr. Hats and I picked up some Lemongrass essential oil the other day at Hunger Mountain Co-Op.  I was originally going to get one of my old standbys (lavender), but after smelling the lemongrass at the suggestion of Mr. Hats, I was convinced.  Lemongrass would provide a bright, sweet, clean smell to our house.  Here's a few suggestions for its practical use around your house:
  • Add 10 or so drops to the All Purpose Cleaner.  This doesn't diminish the cleaner's ability to clean glass, and leaves behind just a hint of aroma.  
  • Add 10-12 drops to a few cups of baking soda and combine by shaking in a large glass jar with a screw-top (or a large yogurt container or a large Tupperware or...you get the idea).  I shook it over my furniture and carpets and vacuumed.  My whole apartment smelled so good!
  • Add a bunch of drops to a small container of baking soda and place it next to your litter box, teenager's room, trash can, or any other smelly thing.  
Happy Spring Cleaning!



No comments:

Post a Comment